Alliance Northwest Networks are proving to be a good vehicle toward achieving our mission to reach our "Judea and Samaria." The result is an uptick in church planting across our Field. Here are some wins we're tracking:
- The Southern Oregon Network has launched two churches, The Living Room and Journey Roseburg.
- The East Side Network just launched New Ground, a new church in Clarkston.
- The North Sound Network is planting a multi-ethnic campus in Arlington.
- The South Sound Network has come alongside Mercer Creek to start a new church called Anchor in Tacoma (two weeks ago, Anchor had 300 attend at their first preview service, see the news story below).
- Hood River Alliance, in partnership with the Portland Metro Network, is planting One Life in The Dalles. In addition, the Portland Metro Network came alongside Mosaic in Portland to launch a second Mosaic campus.
- The North Puget Network is helping to plant Hope Church in Oak Harbor.
Networks are proving to be an invaluable vehicle to realize our vision to reach God’s lost children in the neighborhoods that surround us.
Today, we have far more Networks (and churches) poised to resource a new church than we have leaders to start them. The Alliance US has set aside Sunday, February 25 to both celebrate church planting and pray for more church planting leaders. It’s the perfect opportunity for all of us to remind or reintroduce folks to Jesus' call on the Church to start churches. Would you take time the 25th to highlight the ministry of church planting to your adults, student ministries, and children? If your church is in a Network, consider highlighting how you’re working alongside other churches in response to our multiplying call. It’s also a great Sunday to begin regularly asking God to raise up men and women who’ll help start and lead in the next wave of new churches.
Northwest Church Planting is the church planting arm of the Alliance Northwest. We just launched a new website that unpacks the proven resources we have available to offer a church planting leader. On the site, you'll also find a number of simple ways to highlight church planting in your ministry area on Sunday Feb 25th. Visit at nwchurchplanting.org. Also, here's a video from the National Office for that special Sunday.
I’m here to catalyze your church planting dreams. Feel free to let me know how I can help.
Praying for all kinds of new churches and leaders to reach our “Judea and Samaria".
MICAH DODSON | Director
Northwest Church Planting